Occupational therapy helps patients resume everyday activities as quickly as possible after an injury or surgery. Specific therapies include:
- Orthopedic rehabilitation.
- Neurological rehabilitation.
- Therapeutic exercise programs.
- Job site and home modifications education.
- Use of adaptive equipment.
- Assistance and training with daily activities.
- Patient and family education.
- Energy conservation.
- Work simplification.
- Manual muscle testing.
- Muscle re-education.
- Hand and arm rehabilitation.
- Splinting for traumatic and repetitive motion injuries.
- Pain management.
- Electrical, heat modalities.
Certified hand specialist (CHT)
Thomas Hospital employs a certified hand specialist (CHT), trained specifically to treat complex injuries of the hand and wrist.